Help! My Friend is Suicidal
About: Help! My Friend is Suicidal.
A small book for people who are experiencing suicidal emotions, or for those offering them counsel
Suicide is not new, but its acceptability and even popularity are quite new. Statistics indicate that more than 101 people take their own lives every day. However, those who work in the field of crisis intervention also testify that a significant number of suicides are preventable provided help is available. This mini-book will help you to recognize the warning signs of suicidal thinking and increase the possibility of giving hope to a suicidal friend before it’s too late.
- Family members / friends of people going through trials and difficult circumstances
- People who counsel those who suffer
- People who feel overcome by life
- Those who counsel people who are suicidal
- Pastors, chaplains, counselors, school counselors and emergency responders
- 1. What is Suicide?
- 2. Suicide and Scripture
- 3. Help Your Suicidal Friend
- 4. Hope for the Hopeless
- Personal Application Projects
Where Can I Get Further Help?
About the Author
Bruce Ray is pastor of Juanita Community Church in Kirkland, WA, has been a pastor for 45 years and has also served as a Police, Fire & EMS chaplain for 25 years. Bruce is a graduate of The Master’s College, Reformed Episcopal Seminary, and Police & Fire Chaplains’ Training Academy.