Help! I Want to Change by Jim Newheiser
About: Help! I Want to Change.
A small booklet helping people to build spiritually healthy lifestyles
“Why can’t I change?” Have you ever asked this? Maybe you want more discipline in your eating habits. Or perhaps you struggle to keep your spending under control or maintain daily Bible reading and prayer. Change is hard, and our attempts often result in failure. This booklet explains that it is the gospel—what God has done for us—that is the key to change and that empowers us to make changes that will please God.
- Anyone who is serious about making progress in the Christian life
- People who are struggling with besetting sins and habits
- Counselors, ministers and Christian workers who are helping people who seem to be trapped in certain situations
- 1 Unbiblical Methods Lead to Failure
- 2 The Gospel is the Key to Change
- 3 Your Responsibility toward Change
- 4 When Will Change Take Place?
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get Further Help?
In this little gem, Dr. Newheiser hits the nail squarely on the head! Both you and your disciples will profit from it. Read it and use it with confidence in Christ.
—George C Scipione, Director of the Biblical Counseling Institute, Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary
About the Author
Jim Newheiser, DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary, California, has served in pastoral ministry and has practiced biblical counseling for over thirty years. He is the Director of the Christian Counseling Program at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte and the Executive Director of IBCD. He is an ACBC Fellow and board member.