Help! Someone I Love Has Been Abused
About: Help! Someone I Love Has Been Abused.
Sadly, many people are the silent victims of abuse. Jim Newheiser brings biblical perspective and wisdom to bear on such situations.
Abuse is a growing problem, and those who have been abused need help. This mini-book equips the reader to offer compassionate biblical counsel to a victim of abuse. As well as providing practical instruction on how to help the victim gain safety and deal with the abuser in a biblical way, it points to the victory possible in Jesus Christ, who was abused for his people and who has compassion on all hurting people who turn to him.
- Friends of people in a relationship of abuse
- People in a relationship of abuse
- Marriage counselors
- General counselors
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- What Is Abuse?
- A Biblical Understanding of Abuse
- Helping the Victim of Abuse
- How Victims Can Become Overcomers
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get Further Help?
Jim Newheiser, DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary, California, has served in pastoral ministry and has practiced biblical counseling for over thirty years. He is the Director of the Christian Counseling Program at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte and the Executive Director of IBCD. He is an ACBC Fellow and board member.